Jaggo Records has signed a partnership deal with RNB Entertainment Group / The Pen.
The new partnership entails investment by Jaggo Records in RNB and operational support from Jaggo Records and its staff. RNB and its imprint, The Pen, will act as divisions of Jaggo Records for the release of exciting new artists in the R&B, Rap/Hip-Hop and Metal genres. Many of those artists are shown on the Jaggo site, including:
- Ex-Miracles R&B vocalist Billy Griffin;
- Bay-area Rap/Hip-Hop artists Esbee, Charlie Manhattan, U.D.I. and Digital Underground;
- Singer-songwriter Liz Kennedy;
- Legendary comedian and "Godfather of Rap" Rudy Ray Moore, along with controversial comedian Andrew Dice Clay;
- Central-coast based Alternative/Acoustic act Threes and Nines; and
- Critically acclaimed Metal act Hostility.
RNB will also be spearheading catalog acquisitions and the release of reissues and compilations. Among the reissue projects slated for release in 2007 is a box set from Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Bobby Womack and a series of reissues from legendary R&B singer and 9-time Grammy winner Al Green!
Also with the new partnership, Jaggo Records has secured distribution through Universal/Fontana. This gives Jaggo Records access to the resources of the largest entertainment company in the world -- Universal Music Group -- while maintaining its operational independence.